(for choux pastry)
1/4 cup wholewheat flour
1/4 tsp white sugar
1/8 tsp salt
30g butter- room temperature
1/4 cup water
100g cream cheese- room temperature
50ml rice milk
50ml coconut flakes
1. Preheat oven to 200C and lline baking tray with baking paper
2. Sift flour and mix it together with sugar and salt. Set aside.
3. In a small pot, add butter and water over low to medium heat. Mix it constantly and bring to a boil. Make sure butter melts before the water boils.
4. Remove the pot from the heat and add in the flour mixture. Using a wooden spoon mix it evenly.
5. Bring the pot back to the heat and continue stirring until the dough comes away from the sides of the pot.
6. Using an electric mixer, beat it on low speed until the dough is lukewarm.
7. Add in the egg and continue beating until it forms a thick paste.
8. Pipe 6-8 small moulds of dough onto the baking sheet.
9. Bake for 15mins on 200C then reduce the heat to 180C and continue baking for 30mins or until golden brown.
10. Leave it to cool in the oven with the oven door slightly ajar.
1. Beat cream cheese, ric milk and coconut flakes on low speed until well blended.
2. Split the choux pastry into half and pipe the fillings on the bottom half of the pastry and cover the top half of the pastry on the fillings.
You may store it in the refrigerator for 2 days. I hope you'd enjoy it just like my poochies in the above. =)