Today I will be introducing another saver's pot since everybody loves it so much! This recipe comes in handy whenever we are busy or... lazy. haha!
Today we will be using barley. Do you know it is actually good for dogs? Because it contains active enzymes which plays an important role in their digestive system.
2 kg minced pork
100g pig liver, sliced into small pieces
200g broccoli, chopped
10 water chestnuts, chopped
2 tomatoes, chopped
2 cups butterhead pumpkin, chopped
1 capsicum, chopped
1 cup barley, soaked
2 1/2 cups water
1. Add barley and pumpkin into the pot, fry a little and add in 1 cup of water. Let it simmer on medium heat.
2. Once pumpkin softens, add in the tomatoes and continue to stir until the tomatoes are all mashed up on high heat.
3. Add in another cup of water and water chestnuts. Let it simmer for 2 mins.
4. Now, add in your minced pork and mix all the ingredients evenly.
5. After you mixed in your minced pork, you can now add in the liver. You can add in the remaining 1/2 cup of water if you prefer your stew to be more soupy.
6. Just before the meat is cooked, add in the broccoli and capsicum and continue stirring.
7. The stew is done once all the ingredients are cooked.
8. Serve at room temperature.