This homemade peanut butter is much healthier. I wouldn't say that it's fat free but much of the fat (from the peanut itself) is monounsaturated which improves blood cholestrol level. More importantly, no preservatives and all natural!
2 cups shelled peanuts
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp manuka honey
1. Roast the peanuts in the oven for 30 mins at 160C.
2. After roasting and while hot, split peanuts into 2 portions. Place 1 portion into the grinder.
3. Add 1 tbsp coconut oil and start grinding.
4. When it almost form a paste, add in 1/2 tsp of honey. Continue grinding.
5. Do the same for the second portion.
6. You will know it's done when it forms a paste. Keep it in a container.
Because no preservatives are added, it can only be kept for 3 days in the fridge. Peanut butter can be used for cookies, cakes, etc.